Terms & Conditions of Sale.
1. The term “Auctioneer” wherever used means Murray’s Auctioneers & Valuers Inc.
2. All lots are sold “AS IS WHERE IS AND WITHOUT RECOURSE”. Any description or photograph of a lot supplied by the auctioneer is for identification purposes and are purely an opinion which does not constitute a warranty of any kind. The auctioneer does not disclose or guarantee condition of any lot. Preview times are scheduled prior to sale for close examination of each lot, the onus is on the buyer to satisfactorily determine the condition and authenticity of any lot.
3. The auctioneer has the right to refuse any bid and to advance the bidding at his or her absolute discretion. The highest bidder accepted by the auctioneer shall be the buyer. If any dispute should arise between bidders, or in the event of doubt on the part of the auctioneer as to the validity of any bid, the auctioneer may, at his or her discretion, determine the successful bidder, or may re-offer the lot.
4. If the auctioneer decides that any opening bid is too low, he or she may reject the bid outright. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot from the sale, divide any lot, or combine any two or more lots at his or her discretion.
5. Title to the offered lot will pass immediately to the bidder on sale of the lot and such bidder assumes full risk and responsibility therefore, and will thereupon pay the full purchased price therefore, or such part as may be required. If the required payment is not complied with, the lot or lots purchased by this bidder may, at the auctioneer’s absolute discretion, be put up again and resold.
6. Each and every lot is sold by the vendor with all faults and defects and with all errors of description and is to be paid for and taken whether genuine and authentic or not and no compensation shall be paid for same.
7. Balance of payment shall be made by cash or certified cheque and all property shall be removed by the purchaser at his or her expense not later than one business day following the sale. If the property is not removed and paid for, or if the account remains unsettled in full, a handling charge of 5% of the purchase price per week until settled and removed will be payable by the purchaser.
8. Each lot is sold subject to a 20% buyer’s premium payable by all buyers as part of the purchase price.
9. Unless exempted by law, the purchaser is required to pay HST on the total purchase price.
10. Restrictions exist regarding the import and export of species protected under CITIES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species). It is the buyer’s responsibility to adhere to these restrictions. For more information visit www.cities.org.
Connect With Murrays